About Me

My photo
CEO of Lovehappyhour.com, Actress, Life-loving Kind of Lady!

Friday, October 21, 2011

TASTE - HAPPY HOUR - MELROSE

TASTE on Melrose Happy Hour                                                              
 By Maren Swanson

Dear Love,

You’ve heard me mention this before – I love happy hours in my neighborhood. So when I heard TASTE restaurant on Melrose was offering all day and night happy hour over the Labor Day weekend, I practically ran over.  After many previous drive-bys, I had noticed that TASTE had a quaint, covered patio so I hoped this place could be the perfect reprieve to my Melrose Trading Post sweat-athon.


My happy hour friend and I drove up and found metered parking conveniently located directly in front of the restaurant (and next to valet). I always wonder if that really pisses the valet guys off? Oh well, it makes me super happy AND it’s a holiday so my parking is taken care of by the City of West Hollywood!

The happy hour drink menu was long and strong with options. Strong, ohh that sounded good.  I think the server read our minds and suggested we get the TASTE Coolers ($6) with Captian Morgan’s rum, Malibu and mint. “Malibu?” I concernedly asked. I explained that I didn’t like my cocktails too sweet and...he explained that he was the bartender – score! Boy, was he right on the money. The Coolers were the perfect companions to the weary and dehydrated travelers. Beers go for $3, wine $3.50-4.50 and you can order classic martini with olives for only $5.


After a few long sips, we had built up and appetite and ordered off their $3.25 – 5.25 appetizer menu: White Truffle Mac n’ Cheese, Carne Asada Pizzetta, Chicken Lettuce Wraps and Kobe Meatballs. The pizzetta had a Latin twist, with big slices of carne asada and spoonfuls of pico de gallo on top. The Chicken Lettuce Wraps were served in Romaine blankets with a lemongrass vinaigrette on the side; they were light and simple. We also liked the Kobe meatballs, but hands down the Mac n’ Cheese stole our hearts. It was dreamy-creamy and we found slices of real truffle throughout the melted dish.


I called TASTE the other day to confirm the happy hour information and I was delighted to hear that they have extended the happy hour hours - looks like I may turn into a regular. Bottom line: this place delivered great food, drinks and service. TASTE got my vote, and if I can walk off the extra calories there and back, I’m one happy hour camper.

XXOO,

Maren


(310) 275-9724
8454 Melrose Ave
West Hollywood, CA 90069

No comments:

Post a Comment